Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Which personal details do we collect?
The personal details that we collect are relevant, necessary and related to the objectives for which we collect them.
When the Customer visits our shop via this website, we are automatically provided with the internet protocol address (IP address) of his computer, which gives us access to information that helps us to know more about his browser and operating system.
When the Customer buys something in our shop, we collect the following information as part of the purchase and sale process:
- Account details: family name, first name and e-mail address
- Address details and telephone number
- Payment and credit card information
When the Customer registers to receive our newsletter, we are automatically provided with his e-mail address.
We have the option at all times to request additional details from the Customer; for example, his category preference, his age and other special data (for example, his date of birth). This information is necessary for profile and marketing purposes and its provision by the Customer is purely voluntary. Occasionally, we can and will ask the Customer for feedback about his use and experience of the services available on our website, so that we can further develop and improve the site.
The Customer agrees to provide us at all times with correct, current and complete purchase and account information for all the purchases he makes via our website (and for his attendance at events). The Customer further agrees to amend without delay his account and other details, including changes to his e-mail address and credit card numbers and expiry dates, so that we can correctly complete any outstanding transactions and/or contact the Customer, where necessary.
For which purposes do we collect personal details?
We collect and process personal details exclusively for specific and lawful purposes. We collect personal details to process orders, for marketing purposes, for the management of our customer relations and for statistical purposes:
- The management of orders, deliveries and invoicing: the processing of the Customer's personal details is necessary to correctly implement and complete the agreement.
- Statistical purposes: We keep records of visitor statistics as a means to improve our website and service provision. We collect information about our web traffic, sales, wish lists and other commercial information. This latter information contains no details that will allow the Customer to be identified.
- Marketing purposes: We can use the e-mail and/or postal address of the Customer to send newsletters and information about actions and promotions, but only on condition that the Customer has given his prior and explicit consent. The Customer has the right to cancel his registration for the newsletter at all times. This can be done simply by clicking on the word UNSUBSCRIBE, which can be found at the bottom of each newsletter.
CARA ROSA will not retain personal details any longer than is necessary for the above mentioned purposes. We process the credit card details provided by the Customer, but we do not store these details.
We treat all the Customer's details as confidential information and will not pass on, rent out or sell these details to any third party.
The Customer is responsible for the secure and safe keeping of his long-in details and the use of his password. The Customer's password is stored in encoded form, so that CARA ROSA has no access to his personal password.
The Customer has the legal right to view and, where necessary, amend his personal details. With proof of identity (a copy of his identity card) the Customer can submit a written, dated and signed request to CARA ROSA (Frans Ackermanstraat 24, box 1.02, 9000 Ghent; [email protected]) to receive a written summary of his personal details free of charge. If necessary, the Customer can also request the correction of details that are incorrect, incomplete or not pertinent.
During a visit to our website, 'cookies' (first party cookies and third party cookies) can be installed on the hard drive of the Customer's computer. A cookie is a text file that can be placed by the server of a website in the browser of the Customer's computer or mobile device whenever the Customer visits a website. Cookies cannot be used to identify individual persons; a cookie can only identify a machine.